Last updated on 12 January 20212 min read
Recently Henk van Ess unveiled his own “Wo Posted What?” free website, which allows you to perform text searches on Facebook and Instagram.
It was developed by Daniel Endresz and Dan Nemec, GUI by Tormund Gerhardsen.
The website allows you to perform different types of research:
- Get the Facebook user’s userID from his Vanity url:
- Run text searches in Facebook based on keywords and specific dates/time periods/locations.
In this example, I want to know who mentioned “European Border and Coast Guard Standing Corps” on October 2, 2020.
The Opened Facebook page in the Browser shows the public posts that respond to the search parameters.
- Look for all public instagram posts geolocated to a specific location.
I want to know all the posts geolocated in Munich.
To display the search results, please keep in mind that:
- You need an active Instagram account in your browser,
- the results of your interest are listed in the “Most Recent” section, under the “Top Posts” section.
The search options, not many when compared to the past, allow you to do a few very useful advanced searches.
Be First to Comment